Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Well hello there

Hello my name's Laura and this is me. Stumbled across blogspot a month or so ago when I found strugglingauthor.blogspot.com while searching the net for kip gamblin (author of said blog (marie) appears to share my taste in soaps and their totty). Have been an avid reader of marie's every day since, appreciating her own unique sense of humour, and felt inspired to domy own blog. so here goes! must apologise for my appalling grammar now, from the start. afraid i've been far too influenced by text-messaging culture (had to fight the urge to spell 'messaging' as 'msging' there). anyways, i am 19 years old, hail from sunny (ahem) colwyn bay on the north wales coast, am at home at the mo but will be off to leeds uni for my second year in september. quick catch up on recent events in the world of me: very much enjoying wimbledon, although am torn between patriotic duty of supporting tim henman and the overwhelming desire for andy roddick to win just so i can watch his sexy self play for as long as possible; not really that bothered by euro 2004, although did watch the penalty shoot out with my eyes closed (is that physically possible?) in the pub with my boyfriend, the lovely tim; went to see red hot chili peppers in cardiff last wednesday, 23rd of June, a date that will be remembered for the rest of my days as the best of my life, excepting any marriages/births of children that are to occurr, obviously. took me seven bleeding hours to drive down to cardiff with 3 uni friends moaning in the car, but bloody well worth it. actually cried when anthony kiedis came on stage, so overwhelmed with emotion at the sight of his lovely long hair. had standing tickets so was only 30 metres or so from the front. amazing. just amazing. but enough of that. thats about it really. currently taking a short break from any responsibilities/paid work after 4 weeks of 'gruelling' end of year exams and am waiting for my boss in the children's nursery where i work when home on vacation to call me in for work. so basically living up to that student stereotype and sleeping until 2pm at the mo. ok, all caught up then.nuthing more to report as of now. off to walk my dog up one of those rolling welsh hills we've got here in, well, wales (oh, such a strenuous life i lead).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home