Monday, July 19, 2004

Just blog off

Right then.  Really wish I hadn't deleted Coppertone's comment as she basically said that blogs are for the writer not the reader and whatever it does for the writer is the point.  So screw the idea of trying to be more entertaining.  I am gonna be me. Again. I have absolutely no intention of turning this blog into a slanging ring, so I will not mention this again.  But I will say, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.  This blog is my own personal creation and I can therefore write whatever I bleeping well like.  If it doesn't interest you, then don't read it.  Simple as.  From now on, no negative comments will be dignified with a response, so don't even bother.  Only nice people need comment.  ( And if you don't have a clue what I'm ranting on about, see last post + comments.)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:26 am, Blogger Bill said…

    A blog is the part of you you want to share. It can be as honest or as made up, as you like and if people visit it is up to them (or more usually who links to you). It's yours but it is also other people's in the same way something personal is interpreted by third parties. It is also relies heavily on people ‘getting’ you and what you say.

     
  • At 2:32 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    There are some people who live to go around flaming other people's blogs. I had some nasty comments about mine, particularly early on, and they really got to me, but then I realised that these people obviously have no lives at all if that's what they get off on doing. (Weirdly, some of them came back over and over to slag me off, so they were obviously having fun, and reading my blog every day. Then the people who had been flaming me started taking sides and flaming the other flamers and I was hosting flame wars. People are strange.) My bet is most people who find their way here are enjoying themselves, and as for those who aren't, it really is impossible to please everybody, and some people have no taste and read Kathy Lette novels and fancy Blue... Anyway comments are the best way to meet people - isn't that right, Laura, Bill, Tony, Coppertone, Devil8 etc?

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Thank you my lovely lovely commentors. Realise I overreacted now but I was nackered, had logged on for the first time in 4 days and came face to face with that. Afterwards came up with lots of funny clever things i could have said instead. however, i was in bed and trying very hard to get to sleep at the time so there wasnt much i could do about it. ah well. cant say i really give a flying fig, as my mum would say, now, but thanking you very much.

     
  • At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You post what you jolly well like. Go girl! :)

    - Devil8

     
  • At 1:58 pm, Blogger Michael56J said…

    I started keeping a paper journal after reading a book about being more creative. It wasn't the only effect. I staarted to conquer a problem I've had for forty years! Since then, I've read lots about keeping diaries and stuff that shows the value of getting rid of your irritations on paper, disk, or whatever so that they don't overflow into the "real" world, causing distressed relationships. If blogging works for you the way it works for me, don't worry about what other people think. Blog on, girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home