Monday, October 04, 2004

Ok, so just dragged myself out of bed at 8.30am to be in uni for a seminar on 17th century England at 9am, only to get to the room and to come face to face with a sign - telling me the bloody thing's cancelled. Bloody fantastic. Not only did I get up absurdly early, but I walked IN THE RAIN and was finishing my work for said seminar until 1.30 last night. And now I don't know whether today's seminar will be held next week instead, so that I will therefore have no work to do this week for it as the work is already done, or if next week's seminar is still being held. In that case, all the work I've done this last week was for nothing and I've got more to do this week for next week's assignments. All so bloody confusing.

Finally decided to go othe doctor's on Friday as this bloody flutype thing is showing no signs of getting better and/or worse. I'm sure she just thought I'm a hyperchondriac. It seems my tonsils aren't swollen or paricularly red, so I therefore do not have tonsilitis or glandularfever ( I could have told her that). She then went all patronising, as if I was a fresher, and said I was ill because "at this time of year students don't sleep properly or look after themselves and so get a bit run down" and I just need to "take lots of vitamins and get plenty of sleep." So basically what I have been doing for the past three weeks then. Sure she didn't need countless degrees to tell me that. After I pointed all this out (not the degrees bit) she eventually decided I have post-viral syndrome. Hmm. Aparently I had a virus a few weeks ago, and some of the nasty bacteria has lingered in my throat and has taken a hold of me. So with plenty of gargling with anti-septic mouthwash and lots of vitamin C I should make a miraculous recovery within days. Which I am still waiting for.

This week hasn't been all bad though. On Thursday night my housemate dragged meto a RAG meeting. Its a uni-based charity fundraising organisation. By the end of it I somehow found myself a signed up member, as well as signed up to go to a Raid on Saturday in the city. A Raid is a bunch of peple from RAG going round the city centre with buckets collecting money all day for a selected charity. By the end of the day was very nackered, but very proud of myself.

On Friday night me and the evry same housemate watched A Beautiful Mind. I seem to be going through a bit of a Russel Crowe phase at the moment. I haven't seen it before, but found it to be absolutely amazing. I was visibly moved, as well as completely disbelieving that they actually thought that electric shock therapy ever did any good.

Right. Off to do some work now, seeing as how I'm up and in uni. Godamit.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 pm, Blogger boohoo said…

    Hope you're feeling better soon! I lost my voice with a cold this weekend so I understand your pain. Watch lots of SB -- it's a great cure! Just when is Antonio coming to SB? I miss him!!!!

     
  • At 11:09 am, Blogger Laura said…

    I think my doctor should have given me a prescription just to watch lots of SB because that seems to be what's making me better at the mo! That, and combined with all the gargling, it is looking on the up! Which is good. Thank you for commenting! I'm not alone after all! Keep it up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home