Thursday, October 07, 2004

Well what a lot has happend since Monday! First things first, I've got a job. Wait. Don't get too excited. I haven't said what it is yet. Its telesales. But thats not the best bit. Its selling special beds to disabled and old people. Mmm. Fun. BUT it is £7 an hour, and for that, I'll do anything. Plus I get to completely choose my own hours. So starting from Tuesday I'm working Tues, Wed Thurs and Fri 1pm through til 4pm. Doesn't sound a lot, but when you consider that I finish uni at 11am every day, my days are going to be pretty full. I'm going to have to devise a strict timetable to stick to if I'm going to fit work, uni work, volunteering, clubbing/drinking, the boyf and lets not forget telly, all into my busy days. So should be fun! The job is in Hunslet, which is kust outside the city centre. Don't take offence and try to track me down and kill me if you live in Hunslet, but bloody hell is it a dump. Proper mingingsville. The nterview was interesting, to say the least. All I had to do was say a script so they could see what my telephone voice was like. Apparently, it was good, as the interviewer brought about ten people in to the office to listen to me read this bloody script several times, which was a bit odd. But as I said, SEVEN POUNDS AN HOUR. Its going to be my mantra I think.

Second big thing in the life of me. Tomorrow is my birthday. Yep I'm going to be the big 2-0. No longer a teenager. A proper grown up. God, I even have to pay BILLS now, but not that thats got anything to do with being 20, purely with renting a house. But anyway. Maroon 5 played at the union last night, and I really really wanted to see them, but by the time I got round to buying tickets they were sold out. I tried to get some on eBay, but they were all going for 3 or 4 times the selling price, and there was no way I could afford that, so I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to see them. Then the night before last, the boyf suprised me with ... 2 tickets! He gave me them then so I had yesterday to go out and buy something new to wear, which I duly did. Bought this absolutely amazing black and sparkly top. Cost me £45, but soo worth it. So that was my birthday present, and I have to say, the best one I've ever had. We were about 5 metres form the front and itwas just bloody amazing. Very, very hot and very, very sweaty, but really good! I officially have the best boyfriend in the world. Just to make that one clear.

off to do some work now. Got that timetable to stick to!

ps. Write comments please - lots of them!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger K said…

    you found out about your semminar yet?

     
  • At 4:01 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Unfortunately, no, so its very likely that I've done double the work for no reason.

     
  • At 9:31 am, Blogger boohoo said…

    You saw Maroon 5? JEALOUS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home