Monday, November 01, 2004

So, went out at home on Saturday night. Interesting story. I went out with a 20 pound note, paid 6 pounds to get in (extortionate) with the very same note, and then proceeded to forget about it. I then went to the bar upstairs, bought a round for me and my friend with the note (?) but only got change from a tenner. I said, 'Sorry love, I gave you 20.' She said 'No you gave me ten.' I wasn't backing down; she'd cheated me out of ten pounds! So the manager got called up, and then the bar manager. The bar manager closed the bar, took all the money out of the till, counted it twice, and then said that sorry, but the till was balanced; my money wasn't there. At this time, an hour had gone past, and I still didn't have my money. The manager gave us free drinks vouchers and said if we gave him our details then we would get given the money back on Monday. My friend wasn't happy; vouchers were fine while we were in there, but how were we supposed to pay to get home with vouchers? Were we supposed to stay in the club all weekend until Monday and then go home? We got more vouchers, and my friend wrote her details down. But as she was doing so, she looked up at me and said, 'Hang on, how did you pay to get in?' And then the mists cleared. I had paid with the elusive 20 pound note to get and had in fact handed over a ten pound note the the girl at the bar. The best bit though, was that we even had a witness who hung around the whole time to tell the manager that he'd seen me hand over a 20 pound note. ?? Luckily, the clocks went back so we had an extra hour in the club. All this just seemed to confirm to the boyf that I am in fact turning into Jessica Simpson.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 pm, Blogger K said…

    So did you still get the free drink vouchers?

     
  • At 4:16 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Yes, beacause we didn't say anything to the bouncers or the manager. we just attempted to fade into the background after that. and proceeded to get thoroughly drunk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home