Monday, November 08, 2004

Well those lovely little Google-bots are doing their job properly, as people seem to be coming across this blog of mine through all manner of random and amusing searches. The best so far have been; "Call girl in Leeds", "Sudanese wrestlers and toggles"(?), "Sexy Manchester Girl", and "Laura Welsh Bush". Unfortunately, these don't appear to be the sort of visitors who will become regular readers. Flash in the pan visitors. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all traffic of any kind, but I am attempting to cultivate some regulars. Until then, though, I shall continue to be amused by what other 'types' of 'girls' people will look for through Google and Yahoo.

On another note, I don't really have too much to report on my day to day life. Unfortunately, I have spent all day every day since last Wednesday in the library, and I can't see the time I'm going to spend in my newfound second home decreasing any in the near future. So much bloody work to do! Its not all bad though. At the moment I'm reading about Henry II and Thomas Becket and researching for an essay on Henry I, the 'Lion of Justice'. Very exciting! And note, that wasn't said with any sarcasm whatsoever. Honestly. No I'm serious. Yes, it seems there are no ends to my boringness in the face of historical knowledge. If there are any other hsitory buffs out there (unlikely) there's a programme on Channel 4 tonight at 9 about possibly one of my favourite kings of England, Henry II. If you're not as enthusiastic as me, Corrie is also looking entertaining tonight. A continuation of last night's hysterical Family Fortunes looks like to be quality entertainment. Only Corrie could get away with it. If Eastenders had done it, how much would they be torn apart for it? The injustice of the world of soap, hey?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 am, Blogger boohoo said…

    Don't worry, I too am a quite fond of the history of our monarchs. I watch all the programmes on TV but won't be doing so tonight cos I'll be watching "Teachers" -- yeh, not the best show in the world but I really do like Lee Williams so gotta show my support.

     
  • At 1:22 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    You have a favourite king?

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Yes, I am that enthusiastic* about history.

    *sad

     
  • At 3:29 pm, Blogger boohoo said…

    Henry VIII was always my favourite.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home