Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So I'm approaching the middle of my week of nothingness, and it hasn't turned out QUITE as I planned so far.

Friday night I drove home to Wales to spend time with The Family, hamster in tow. Saturday was spent doing a bit of retail therapy with Mum. Sunday, me, Mum and Dad drove down to Aberystwyth to see my brother's halls in uni there and for a mini tour or the uni and town. So far so good.

Yesterday was a bit of course too. I intended to be back here by 3pm, but because of a few hiccups with my car in the garage, i.e. more needed doing thatn it was booked in for, etc, etc, so I didn't get back until 6.30. I did listen to UK Radio Aid all the way back though, which was good (see below).

Then came today. I didn't get out of bed until midday, as planned. However, I soon got bombarded with tasks to do from my other housemates. The abridged version: payment of bills, payment of rent, enquiries re council tax, enquiries re court summons (past residents, not us). I then had to go food shopping. THEN tackle the mountain of washing up (only fair - I have nothing to do (humph) and everyone else is examing it). Today's day of nothingness therefore only actually started at approximately 5.45pm.

Hopefully tomorrow will go better.

Oh, yes, UK Radio Aid. It was very entertaining and I hear raised over 3million quid in 12 hours for the Tsunami appeal thingy. I found Prince Andrew's contribution of Ascot tickets particularly fun, if only because of Johnny Vaughn later referring to it as 'Prince Andrew's Ascot Package' (cue lots of giggles from Johnny and Liza Tarbuck at 'package') or 'Prince Andrew has asked his mum ...' (ie HRH the Queen).



2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 pm, Blogger Peter said…

    You have a hamster!....awww... how cute!! What's his/her name?

     
  • At 11:42 am, Blogger Laura said…

    Lol officially Poppy, but usually known as Hamsterio. Don't actually know why.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home