Wednesday, March 02, 2005

And a week on and its STILL snowing. I woke up really early this morning to be in uni for work at 8.30am (eek! Ungodly hour!) and everywhere was covered in about 3 inches of snow and it was blizzarding! Unfortunately I lost my scarf in the union yesterday, so I shivered my way into uni. But its ok - Im in the process of knitting myself a new one. Well, once I get home this weekend and ask mum to show me how to cast on, because I can't remember and just keep making a mess of pink wool.

I've just uploaded new image-hosting software to my computer after Hello decided to refuse to work, so expect lots more scenery-related posts soon, especially considering that the Easter hols are coming up, so plenty of opportunities for scenic walks.

Also, pictures of Richard Armitage! Hmm, actually think I may just add one now. May as well break in the new software!



Yay! It worked!

While on the subject of Mr Armitage, the BBC North and South messageboard was closed last week. As would be expected, many tears were shed (along with a few hissy-fits thrown). I was never a huge fan of it myself, preferring the fun and frivolity of the Yahoo Armitage Army board to the serious literary discussions of the Beeb, but I know quite few people who were Beeb board dedicates, and were none too impressed, especially seeing as how while a drama board was shut, the board for that oh so cultural discussion topic of football has been kept open. On the upside, Richard himself, after a request from a devotee through his agent, posted a message of thanks and appreciation to his loyal ladies on the board's last day. Bless him. A few (hundred) ladies wrote to The Times, seeing as how they had run an article on the popularity of both the board and Richard himself around Christmas time, hoping that they would fight their corner. However, this is what they got in response. Hmm.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Who the hell is Richard Armitage?

     
  • At 3:27 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    I've just checked your profile and as you are not only a man but also living in America (maybe Canada? Can't remember now) i'll let you off with that comment. When BBC America or whatever finally gets round to showing North and SOuth over there, you'll know who he is. Until then, be satisfied with the explanation that he is a very talented, and very attractive, British actor.

     
  • At 4:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fancy pretending not to know who Richard Armitage is!!

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Shounds yummy! I can only wait in eager anticipation. And yes, last I checked, I live in the USA - North Carolina, to be precise. But my genetics are Welsh. Descended from Madoc ap Gwynnedd, they tell me. Or something like that. I'm told he was the Prince of Powys. And as far as I know, I am also a man. Have mercy.

     
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Hmm Madoc ap Gwynedd would mean Madoc 'son of'Gwynedd, and seeing as how Gwynedd is a place, not a person, that would be interesting. There was a Welsh prince many moons ago called Madoc who was prince OF Gwynedd (I think - may have to consult the history books to confirm) so that may be it. Very impressive lineage! Not too mention detective work to trace it backt hat far if that is indeed the case. If you're interested, the photo on my profile is Conwy beach, over looking Penmaenmawr (the hilly bit) and Anglesey (in the distance) - coastal centre of what was pnce Gwynedd. If you're interested. And ever come back to the blog. Also, yes - very yummy!

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Actually, I recently found some old Welsh photos - they're so old, they were taken with glass plates instead of film. I scanned them and put them online. Here:

    http://www.cameramentor.com/victorian_photos/

    I also was able to identify the place - Llandudno Pier. Anywheres near you? Well, the bridge is from the castle Conwy, right? So there you go. More photos here:

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BU2t

    Best,

    Wiggy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home