Monday, March 21, 2005

I am now back home in Wales for the Easter holiday. Missions for the next four weeks: - 3x 2000 word essays; knit at least one scarf; finally make that follow-up visit to the orthodontist, 1 year and 8 months after my braces were actually removed; not put on too much chocolate -related weight. Yep, think that's enough for the one vacation.

Its very nice being back home. I don't have to spend money on food every week (Mummy pays for it), I don't have to do laundry every week (Mummy does it) and washing-up never has to be done (dishwasher does it). Its bliss, I tell you!

Unfortunately, though, I do find that I have less to write about when I'm at home. Mostly, because by the end of term when its time for me to return to the nest I've run out of money so not a lot of exciting and interesting things can be done on a budget of £10 a week. Mind you, I'm not going to kid myself and pretend I'm the most interesting of blogs anyway. Not compared to the humourous wit of, say, Whateva Sista!, or the dry sarcasm accompanied by numurous pictures of naked/semi-naked men of Tottyland. Hmm, I'm noticing a pattern. Clearly, all I need to do to be a better blog is become a gay man. And therein lies my tragic flaw, in the style of a Thomas Hardy novel, as sadly that is one thing that will never happen.

To continue the theme of my recent bloggage - Sunset Beach. Readers may remember I was lamenting its disapperance. Thanks to the detective work of Ys it has since been discovered that SB hasn't disappeared, just moved - to a ridiculously early-mornign, weekend timing! Curses on Channel 5! No Charmed series 7 until September and now this! If it wasn't for Home and Away, they'd have nothing going for them now. Nothing.

Oh yes, one more thing. It appears a little event happened on Saturday afternoon. Not sure if anyone's heard about it. Probably not. It appears Wales won a small competition of some sort? Might just be a rumour though. Hmm ...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, you can have Tottyland, I much prefer your blog. In regards to your comment about Wales winning something. Hmmm. No clue. Some sort of sports thing, maybe?

    Enjoy your Easter holiday, I have to work. And work and work and work. On Thursday I am driving down to South Carolina, where my nephew who knows everything is graduating from US Army boot camp. He'll be going on to some sort of training school, and then most likely Iraq. And so it goes.

     
  • At 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe going off your comments of 15th march (which I couldn't reply to for some reason) you've not had much luck with keys recently!!

    I too have left Leeds for the, er, rainier climes of Stalybridge :-( Just thought your soap radar would like to know I went to see Stepping Out on Saturday at the theatre and it starred Patsy Palmer who was a few decibels less shrieking than she was in 'Stenders.

    I think my knitting's going to come on a treat while I'm home... mostly because I'm a geek, but also because it's so bloody cold here I need the insulation! Give my love to Deganwy Mountain lv al xx

     
  • At 4:44 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Oh the hardship! Bet its torture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home