Monday, March 14, 2005

I worked in the union again on Saturday night, with accompanying background music provided by The Thrills. And I can report that they were very, very good. The gig was absolutely crammed but people didn't seem to be drinking much so I had plenty of opportunities to lean over the bar, knees nicely propping me up on the lower shelf, to get a good look. Unfortunately I only got 10p tips the whole night. Maybe I need to work on my smile or something.

After work I did go on to the union nightclub, sneaking in via the staff entrance to as to avoid paying the extortionate entry fee, with every intention of dancing however-one-dances-to-indie-music the night away, but come 1.30 am I was falling asleep on my feet and skulked away home to bed early. This wasn't just because of the gig I'd just worked, although I'm sure it had something to do with it, but, combined with still being a little bit sleepy from working in the union club on Tuesday night and having to get up for a 9 am seminar on Wednesday morning, more to do with the previous night. As my last post mentions, twas Comic Relief on the said Friday, adn as well as joining in a Blogger 'disco', I also played a little game of 'Dare or Donate', which didn't end until 4 am, approx. Fairly self explanatory in that you either do the dare handed out to you, or you call up the donation line and donate the allocated amount of money. Really, I don't know why everyone doesn't play it. Between 6 of us we donated £250. Very charitable of us. Dares consisted of downing shots of tobasco sauce and having heads shaved, amongst other things. My home computer is currently broke, but as soon as I get home this weekend for the Easter holidays and have access to my other home computer, then photographic evidence will be provided here. Needless to say, I'm still a leetle bit sleepy.

Oh, I got an assignment back last week that I got a 70 on - thats a firm first, thank you very much!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    70 is barely a first though.

    (Coming from someone who is struggling this year though, and is really just secretly jealous :P)

     
  • At 4:34 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Gee THANKS Rhys! Tis STILL a first though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home