Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Today has been a momentous occasion in the world of Welsh Girl In Leeds. After spending the best part of my teenage years attempting to get back the lost 'blondness' of my youth (i.e. the white blond hair I boasted before the age of 12 when it inexplicably started going dark), today I stopped fighting against nature, and root regrowth, and coloured my hair brown. Dark chocolate brown, to be exact.

Let me demonstrate.

This was taken a few months ago, and represents the general colour of my hair this morning, pre-hairdressers trip, give or take a bit of rootage.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is me now -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It shall take a bit of getting used to, as it is a drastic change, to say the least, but thats exactly what I wanted - a change. And I've certainly got it! Now I just need to stop those mini heart attacks I keep having every time I walk past a mirror and don't immediately recognise the face looking back at me. Sure it won't take long.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonjour Laura!

    Thought I would leave you a message, with correct grammar and all!! Tis a trying task...

    Loving the hair colour btw!
    Always think too many people try to be blonde, and that brown hair gives one an air of mystery...being a brunette myself has in no way influenced this opinion...ahem..

    Speak soon and enjoy your tea!

    Lou x

     
  • At 5:34 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Yay! The 'gentle' persuasion worked! Screw the grammar. I nver 'right' properly anyways. Thanks hun! xx

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh I like the brown hair... but then I much prefer brown hair so maybe i'm biased? You look great anyway.

     
  • At 11:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think avoiding mirros altogether might be the best idea. I agree change is good but........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home