Monday, April 18, 2005

And I'm back in Leeds! I arrived approximately 3.45pm on Saturday afternoon and its been none stop ever since.

I could regale you with stories from The Hives gig on Saturday night which turned out to be a Terrorvision gig (no, I have never heard of them either) instead because I didn't pay proper attention to the gig schedule, but I won't (although someone did give me a fiver tips and everyone there were at least 40 years old with hair twice as long and large as mine - and that was just the men).

I could give you details of last night's Manic Street Preachers gig, but I won't (I really won't - it was dull as ditch-water).

I COULD fill you all in on the fun and frivolities that was had today in the library and Barbarians of the Dark Ages lecture, but again - no, no, no!

Because ... Jon has passed the book-baton (or something) on to me as I am 'brainy', apparently.

So here goes ...

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451; which book do you want to be?
After doing a bit of research, I now know what this means. Homer's Illyiad because it is a classic. Quite literally.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
This is an easy one - Wolverine from The X-Men - long before Hugh Jackman personified him. Although that certainly hasn't done the character any harm at all.

3. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading 'Lady of Hay' by Barbara Erskine. I have read this book about a million times but I still love it. Its about a journalist who's doing an article on hypnotic regression to 'debunk' it but in the course of her research finds out she's a twelfth century baron's wife reincarnate. Its very good, with lots of twists and turns.

4. The last book you bought was?
God, I can't remember! Does a text book count? If it does it's a book on 17th Century England, but I can't remember the title.

5. The last book you read was?
'The Queen's Man' by Sharon Penman. Its a medieval murder mystery.

Noticing a pattern in my reading yet?

6. Five books you would take to a desert island?
Five?! Hmm ...

'Lady of Hay' again because its so good.
'North and South' by Mrs Gaskell.
'Scar Tissue', Anthony Kiedis' autobiography.
'Here be Dragons' by Sharon Penman.
'The Warlord Chronicles' by Bernard Cornwell. It is 3 books but they're a trilogy so I'm counting them as one.

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to, and why?
I'm going to pass this stick (I knew it was something like that) on to -

- Ys
- Curly

Because ... I can't think of a proper reason so I'll say because they're Welsh, and if that's not a good enough reason then I don't know what is.

And after doing all that I've just realised I've already done it on the comments of someone else's blog. Ah well!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    Thanks for the stick-passing..! Will get onto that as soon as I've finished work!

    Didn't Terrorvision sing that song 'Tequila' "it makes me happy... etc"?

    And also, how can a Manics gig be boring?! Shirley they played a couple of belters at least? My little Bro has gone to about 10 of their gigs in the last year (if they've had that many)

     
  • At 2:50 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    A few songs were ok but i just find a lot of their songs so dull. So whiney!

    Terrorvision did sing tequila but they played it a lot more rocky than i remember it being. They were proper rock! I loved it!

     
  • At 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh I'll get onto the stick-thing now...

    Terrorvision - yeah, I remember them. I went NUTS over Tequila and used to have a HUGE crush on the singer - wasn't he called Tony?

     
  • At 2:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol, thought I saw that somewhere before!

    Yeah, Terrorvision had a couple of great songs. Tequila obviously, but they had a great one called 'Joesophene', which is about dating a transsexual...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home