Saturday, April 09, 2005

My computer is broke again so until Daddy-Dearest (official title) fixes it for me I can no longer sit on the floor at the end of my bed, laptop on knee, telly in front of me, cuppa on one side and mound of chocolate eggs on the other. Instead I am having to fight my sister for the house computer when I can, and do other things with my time. Like essay-writing, for example. It is a rather large pain in the arse. On the bright side, though, my knitting is coming along a treat, with my fingers spared up to do things other than type.

I have not done much that is blog-worthy since my last post, but thought I had better post anyway in case certain other bloggers I have been pestering for updates hurl abuse my way for being a hypocrite. And we don't want that. No.

Yesterday my hairdryer broke. Seeing as how I have horrendous hair at the best of times, this really was a catastrophe. The only thing that could have been worse was if my straighteners would have broken, but that doesn't bare thinking about. So I went out and bought myself a new one. It is so fantastic and so high-power that I simply had to go and wash my hair just so I could dry it again. That was my highlight of yesterday. Although Ken and Deidre's wedding was good too. I did feel sorry for poor old Ray, though.

Today I went shopping with Mummy so she could spend her birthday money (Happy Birthday Mummy!) and I could buy a new top and accessories for going out to Broadway tonight. Not because its the sort of place where you have to wear something new everytime you go there. Oh no. Far from it. But because my best friend with whom I shall be going out is the most annoyingly beautiful, stick-thin, clothes' horse you can imagine who never wears the same thing twice. Unfortunately (or fortunately - for HER, anyway) she has enough money to shop places other than New Look. So the pressure to look fantastic is amazing. I am confident I may just pull it off tonight, but we shall see. Not like its a competition or anything.

*nervous laughter*

3 Comments:

  • At 1:03 am, Blogger Richard said…

    Well??? How did it go?
    Did you manage to stun all those about you? - I'm sure it wouldn't have been that difficult!

     
  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Stun? In a good or bad way? ;) Obviously i dazzled. But that was mostly the sparkly bits on my top.

     
  • At 11:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wouldn't have nagged either... honest ;)

    Aren't pretty friends just the most annoying thing? Hee, hee. I'm sure you looked great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home