Friday, April 15, 2005

This is how my days have been spent this past week (on average) -

8.00am - alarm wakes me up
8.10am - mum comes in my room and wakes me up again.
8.30am - decide to get out of bed and have a shower, get dressed, do hair, etc.
9.00am - make breakfast.
9.00-10.30am - eat breakfast while watching TV. This week, The Bill on ukGold followed by Andes to Amazon on ukDocumentary.
10.30-11.30am - catch up on blogs, celebrity news, etc. on the net.
11.30-1.30pm - do some work on essays.
1.30pm - make lunch.
1.40pm - settle down with lunch to watch Neighbours.
2.05-6.00pm - work on essays, with a little bit of net surfing, tag-board chatting, tea-drinking, chocolate-eating and knitting sprinkled in between for variety.
6.00pm - watch Home and Away.
6.30pm - have tea.
7.00pm - watch Emmerdale.
7.30pm - watch Eastenders/Coronation Street.
8.00pm - work on essays (this was substituted for watching telly on Wednesday and Thursday because of The Bill, which was very good this week).
9.00pm - watch Footballer's Wives, Supernanny, etc. while doing a spot of knitting with a cup of tea.
10.00pm - work on essays (Desperate Housewives was taped on Wednesday).
12.00am - go to bed with a cup of tea and a book - 'Lady of Hay' by Barbara Erskine.
12.30am - go to sleep.

With a few variations here and there, this has pretty much been my life from Monday to yesterday of this week. I may stress that I am not this boring and reclusive all the time. However, despite my best intentions, the essays I have had 4 weeks to do have been more or less left to this week to do in their entirety (and I'm still going back to Leeds tomorrow with work still to do). This has also coincided with all my friends going back to their respective universities already this week, and the boyfriend being back in Leeds.

When I get back to Leeds I will be working in the union on Saturday and Sunday nights ( The Hives and Manic Street Preachers gigs, if anyone's interested), which I am looking forward to. But after that it will be 2 weeks of essay-finishing and exam preperation, nicely coinciding with the Make Poverty History week of action which I'm involved in and still have loads of work to do for.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Leeds now, as I always do towards the end of a holiday. After you've been out in a city there are only so many times you can go to the same local over-priced club without getting a bit bored. It will also be nice to swear whenever I want without fear of being told off by my mum and dad. Not to mention seeing the boyfriend again from whom I have been departed for 2 weeks now (feels like yeeeeears!). But I am not looking forward to all the work. True, I have been doing work here (sort of) but because of my, shall we say, lax attitude to it in the earlier part of the holiday I am going back to uni with looming deadlines and not as much done as I would have liked, hence the monotony of this past week.

You can tell how fried my brain is now. I've just re-read all this and not only is it slightly devoid of a point, it is also slightly repetitive, but I simply cannot be bothered to start again.

On a slightly more upbeat note, this week there is something else I have been doing with some regularity - listening to the Top Gun soundtrack on my MP3 player! I have to say that my favourite song is 'Playing with the Boys' (calm down Jon) by Kenny Loggins, not least because of the memories it stirs up from the unforgetable volleyball scene.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mmmmmmm!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Oh so did I! Top Gun was solely responsible for my steadfast ambition to be a red arrow pilot. But by the time I was 4 I had moved on to wanting to be a lawyer - I was ambitious even then!

     
  • At 8:26 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Mmmmm.... Homoerotica!

    Also, The Hives- Cool!

     
  • At 12:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you mean the student union bar?? If so that's where my mum works...

     
  • At 7:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You watch far too much telly but you redeem yourself with the Hives and Manics freebie shows - you lucky moo! But I get Jordan Knight so... I think that means I win out :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home