Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Today the boyf and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary as the world's most fabulous couple (title inherited after the recent fall of its last holders, Brad and Jen). Three long years full of laughter (mostly at my dire sense of direction and appalling maths skills), a few tears ( mostly jealousy-related, but thankfully we are far too grown up for that now), endless cinema trips ( he buys the tickets, I buy the popcorn and Coke), several holidays (Zakynthos, camping at Dolwyddelan and Shell Island, Brussels, Malaga, Southport), an awful lot of TV-watching together time, an awful lot of dog-walking (mostly my dog because his is useless in a car), an awful lot of shopping ( I do love my automatic bag-carrier - very useful), and oh yeah - a whole lotta love.

Three years ago today in the morning I woke up knowing it was Tommo's party and that fit bloke I fancied and had been flirting with for a while was going to be there and I just HAD to get off with him.

Three years ago today in the afternoon my friend Kate and I were concocting a plan of how to get our friend Jen away from that fit bloke at the party because she also liked flirting with him and was quite frankly a bit of a pain. (Remember I was 17 at the time). And needless to say, the plan worked.

Three years ago today after school had finished I spent 3 hours in the hairdressers getting a 'fabulous' hairstyle and new colour (and so began my only recently ended life as a blonde. Although the dark colour has faded considerably. Hmph.).

Three years ago today at teatime I moaned to my mum that my fringe had been cut too short and how was I ever going to pull Tim with such a short horrible fringe.

Three years ago today this evening I arrived at the party, he arrived soon after, me and Kate executed 'the plan' and got Jen out of the way, my frantically straightened fringe clearly didn't put him off, and the rest, as they say, is history.

And now its three years on, we're still together, against a few odds in the beginning (see! I TOLD him that staying in Wales with me instead of going on that 3 month round the world trip with his best friends would be worth it in the end!) and we even live together, albeit with two other fabulous people and albeit as of no longer come Saturday when he goes back home to Wales for good. We are celebrating this fact with a bouquet of 12 red roses (from him to me), a fabulous 3 course home-cooked gourmet meal ( from him to me) and the theatre tonight to sit front row and watch 'The Odyssey' (from me to him).

I wonder where we'll be in three years from now? There's a thought.

Please pass on that sick bucket in the back.

NB- for 'today' read 'yesterday' as our anniversary was actually yesterday, the 26th, but I was too busy with all the celebrations to post.


And in other news! I am not dead. My posh sarcastic tutor did not kill me, cut me up into little pieces and hide me in his book cupboard. He was actually suprisingly helpful and made me laugh a few times with his well-timed sarcasm. Not so scary after all. I have unfortunately been very, very busy writing my surely fabulous essays. One down, two to go. By Friday. Please pray for me.

I have also bought a new hamster cage for my far too intelligent for her own good hamster, who kept escaping from her old one. Its very cool - all purple and blue plastic and lots of tubes and things. I shall post a picture when I get home. Or maybe not, as when I get home from this here library I am continuing the essay writing. We shall see.

I think, in the words of ms. mac, that is all.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:03 am, Blogger Rhys said…

    Congrats! Me and S are approaching 6 months, and it seems like ages :)

     
  • At 9:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally jealous! Congrat's tho ;)

     
  • At 10:42 am, Blogger Curly said…

    I hate the way women have such good memories about things like that. I have trouble remembering my own birthday..

    Well done though all the same - better hope the boyf hasn't written in his diary :-

    "3 years ago today, went to a party - got wrecked. Shortly after throwing up, was on the pull with one girl when suddenly she was dragged off and replaced by some random. Still, I'm not one to waste an oppertunity... she still hangs around to this day"

    ;-)

     
  • At 8:08 am, Blogger Frally said…

    Happy anniversary. 3 years is quite the achievement, well done!

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Why have I not seen this post before now?

    *has fight with husband over crap computer*

    Happy Belated Anniverary! xx

    That is all.

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    Would be more jealous if my mum hadn't just given me the North and South DVD for my birthday. Who needs three years of wedded bless when you have Richard Armitage and the pause button?

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Well, I have both so it would seem that I do, in fact, have it all! Now if only I could, some how, have 3 years with Mr Armitage, and put the boyfriend on pause ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home