Wednesday, May 04, 2005

*WARNING* This may be a long post, due to prolonged absence from blog-land.

What a lot has hapened since last Wednesday! Oh look at that! It has been exactly one week since my last post. Never say I'm not observant.

But enough blathering. What has happened. Right. Yes. Well, firstly, and obviously most importantly, on Friday I handed in my essays. All 3 of them. Done and finished forever. Thank bloody God. If they had taken any longer (although not that they could have because Friday was the deadline, but work with me here) there may possibly have been a call for Vallium, or some other such anti-depressant. The handing-in process in itself was enough to tip me over the edge. I had prepared a whole, and rather lengthy, post on Friday afternoon going into some depth and detail as to why exactly it was the worst day of my life (again - I have a lot of them), but my crappy computer crashed, and it seems that Blogger's 'recover post' function only works when the crapness of Blogger is at fault, not the crapness of your laptop, and I really couldn't be bothered to write it all again, so you shall all just have to use your imaginations. Although to be honest in the time it took me to type all that I probably could have written about it again twice over. But such is life.

On Friday night me and the boyfiend went to see The Amityville Horror. I thought it was very good, the boyfriend was less impressed (but only slightly). To be honest it was impressive just to see that someone from Home and Away (Melissa George) actually has a career after leaving the aforementioned fabulous-but-not-a-great-step-on-the-career-ladder soap. I mean, just look at Dannii Minogue.* In addition to all this, it scared the bejeezus out of me. Upon returning to my slightly-sinister-in-the-dark hundred year old terraced house, I was a little bit apprehensive, and even insisted that the boyfriend accompany me to the bathroom while I went to the toilet, as it has already been unanimously decided that if ever there was a haunted room in our house, the bathroom would be it.

Hmm, what next. Oh yes. On Saturday afternoon I went home for the weekend. (For the benefit of Jon, I left LEEDS and went back to WALES for the WEEKEND, and am now back in LEEDS again.) The May bank holiday in Colwyn Bay is 'celebrated' by a weekend of Victorian-themed fun and frivolity at the Victorian Extravaganza in Llandudno and then on Monday Prom Day at, wait for it, Colwyn Bay Prom. I spent Prom Day with my lovely best friend and nearly killed myself on the world's most terriying ferris wheel, because on Sunday night me and the boyfriend had a roaring argument and were not on speaking terms. But don't worry! The fairytale isn't over! We made up yesterday morning and all is now well again, after I made him apologise to me. I love being in the right.

And then yesterday, while driving back to Leeds I got caught in perhaps the worst storm EVER. It was thundering and lightning right overhead, no one could drive over 20mph because there was so much water on the motorway, and it started hailing the biggest hailstones I have ever seen. I had to pull over several times every time the hailing got a bit too scary, but thankfully I made it back alive.

And I think that brings us up to date, because apart from paying the water bill and attending a very boring seminar nothing of remote interest has happened so far today.

And oh yes, my laptop is dead. The old thing has finally gven up the ghost and choked it. Thankfully, Daddy Dearest will have a brand-spanking new second hand one for me when I go back to Wales this weekend for a wedding and then blogging will finally return to normal.

*I have just remembered that Julian McMahon of Charmed and Nip/Tuck fame started out in Home and Away. There goes my theory.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:44 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    Wasn't the girl with the white rabbit on her arm in the Matrix in Home and away too?

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Oh alright - theory completely blown out of the water.

     
  • At 4:58 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    Check out the de Niro film 'Flawless' (1999) for a guy called Bruce Roberts...otherwise known as DAH DAH DAH (Dramatic DAH's) Nick Parrish from Home & Away...

    Is that just too picky? I like this game, gets me out of doing work.

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Laura, I'm writing this on ur
    brand new second hand laptop,
    printer next to get going, and er its a bit slow to boot upBut itll get u going till the end of this
    semester.

    ta ta ,Daddy dearest.

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger Richard said…

    Thank you for such a comprehensive posting regarding your recent week - I did begin to suspect that you'd fallen through a crack in the planet, or had eloped or something!

     
  • At 12:14 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Curly - you can keep playing this 'game' as long as you want. i remember nick parrish - he was a policeman. i would say move onto neighbours next, but that would be too easy.

    Daddy - thank you so much! I can't wait to get home tomorrow and play with it! Also, I have no idea what boot up means.

    Emma - thank you very much - the feeling of utter relief is indescribable (sp?).

    Richard - If ever I was to elope you guys would be the first to know. After the event, though, obviously, as otherwise it wouldn't technically be eloping, I don't think.

    Jon - I despair of you.

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    *Shame* - I didn't know that about Julian McMahon. But having looked it up, am astonished to find he played Ben, not even a character I liked particularly, though it does explain why he stayed at home with the kids last time Carly paid a visit. Meanwhile it transpires that he was also once married to the aforementioned Dannii Minogue - so even if being in H&A doesn't guarantee a great career (see also: Craig McLaughlin) it seems a pretty good move for bagging a high quality husband.

     
  • At 2:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, your daddy is so kind. Mine also fixed my laptop the other day - kinda, when I broke a screw and had to get into it, he managed to find a way in and thus saved the day :D

    Glad to hear you're back in the blog land world! Missed ya! Don't leave it so long next time.

     
  • At 12:17 am, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    There's a bird, Lisa/Elizabeth Lackey who used to be Roxanne in Home & Away and now she's in a crappy show on Hallmark called Just Cause.

    Also, Simon Baker used to be called Simon Baker Denny and was in Home & Away and has since been in a show called the Guardian and in LA Confidential with Russell Crowe.

    Mel Gibson was in The Sullivans once too.

    I know this only because I lived in Australia, not because I like Home & Away!

     
  • At 4:46 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Yeah yeah! Whatever!

    *sees straight through ms. mac's attempts at denying a love of corny australian soaps*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home