Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I have a few photos to blog from the weekend which I had every intention of posting today, but I left my camera at home and only realised once I sat down at the library computer, so, I'm afraid, the photographs of my fabulous new hair (again) and wonderful walk around a humungous lake will have to wait until tomorrow, if I remember.

On Monday I went to see Star Wars, and thoroughly enjoyed it, not least because of this -


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


but also because, well, it was just simply fabulous. I wasn't part of one of those audiences who applauded at the end, which was a shame because I really would have quite liked to, but everyone did laugh and sigh and gasp collectively at the appropriate points. I do like it when that happens when you go to see an important film at the cinema. Like when I went to see Return of the King - what an emotional experience that was! I balled my eyes out when that film finished, and then again in the car park outside. I wasn't quite as moved by Star Wars, but it was still very, very good - loads better than the first two, anyway. God, how much of a film geek am I?!

I am now back in Leeds for one last week before I'm home in Wales for the summer again. I am most enjoying doing absolutely nothing, watching hours and hours of tv on end, barely moving from the sofa except to eat and go to the toilet, and having little naps whenever I feel sleepy, now that I don't have exams and revising to worry about.

Oh. Wait.

I've always done that anyway. Never mind.

And also, Big Brother! I was working on Friday night and missed everyone going in and had slightly better things to do on the weekend, so didn't see it then either, but from what I saw on Monday night and last night, they all look like a bunch of thick, pretentious tossers, quite frankly, which surely in itself promises a good series! No sarcasm intended there - no, really. I do think it will be good.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah, Hayden did look good in Star Wars. I was watching "A New Hope" last night, actually. Mark Hamill is also a hot Jedi!

     
  • At 10:17 am, Blogger Curly said…

    God help us all, another BB fan in blogland. I might just go on holiday for a while to avoid it - like I did last time!

    Hope your looking forward to getting back home - Wales is looking amazing at the moment!!

     
  • At 11:30 am, Blogger Laura said…

    Don't worry - I promise I won't become a BB-Blogger. I have far too many other mundane things in my life to go on about instead!

    I can't wait to get home! I love Wales in the summer. I just wish I could take all the shops and clubs and bars of leeds and transport them to north wales. South Walians are alright - you've all got cardiff. Us gogs have got nowt but sheep!

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    I'm with Emsy. Also, Mary turned out to be quite personable outside of the house, didn't she?

    And yes, you are quite the film geek! ;-)

     
  • At 10:20 am, Blogger Curly said…

    Where have you gone Laura? Big Brother THAT intereting?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home