Thursday, June 23, 2005

I'm employed! Yay! And not only do I have one job, I now have two! Count them - one ... TWO! Yay! Might actually be able to afford to go away after all.

First job is as a bar maid in a very cool old pub in Llandudno. I started there on Tuesday night and after a few initial glitches, such as never having pulled a pint of bitter before (there really isn't much call for it in a student club) I now know exactly what I'm doing and am an ace barmaid!

Second job I got today. Its working on the pier in Llandudno supervising the big slide, bouncy castle and mini golf course. Its an ace job! Its full time, fits in around my bar hours, I'll be outside all day and will get a fabulous tan from the sea air. Although to be honest I will probably just get a fabulous sunburn, but it'll go brown eventually. Yay!

The downside is I will be very nackered. I'm already nackered because I've worked two nights as well as two lunchtimes in the pub, and thats not even full time hours, or double full time as it will be when I start the second job next Thursday, but its all about the money.

AND both jobs are happy to give me time off next weekend to go to the G8, I MEAN that wedding I'm off to that just happens to be in Edinburgh and just happens to be on the same weekend as the G8. Fancy that? ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:44 am, Blogger Curly said…

    Well done on the jobs - it all sounds pretty tiring though. Careful you don't stay too long in the pub and turn up being grumpy at all the kids on the bouncy castle the next day!

     
  • At 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, Congratulations! What completely random jobs - I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home