Thursday, July 14, 2005

Well, it appears that it was so hot when I was on the pier on Monday that I sunburnt my scalp. And I sunburnt it so badly (and added to the burnt-ness with a bike ride along the prom on Tuesday) that it blistered. Yuk. I have a blister on my head. And it oozes yellow stuff, and when its done with the oozing, will become a scab. YUK! This now means I have to wear a hat when I go out in the sun, which is the worst bit about all this, because I suffer from terrible hat-hair-itus. Bad, bad, bad.


The bike ride however, while being detrimental to my head-health, was highly enjoyable in that I happened to spot a huge fat seal pull itself up onto a rock about 10 metres away from me, and proceed to sunbathe on said rock for ages. I was all by myself, and when I first spotted it there was noone else around, but I was so excited that whenever someone cycled or jogged past I was all, 'Look! There's a seal on the rock!' And I had soon aquired quite a large group of excited people to share in the experience with, the seal, meanwhile, remaining completely oblivious, sunbathing quite happily and occasionally flicking its tail. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me (I so nearly took it as well! Aah!!!) and the pictures I took on my phone just look like a rather large rock. So you shall just have to take my word for it. But it was very exciting, until 15 minutes had gone by and the seal still wasn't doing anything particularly interesting other than being itself, so I got bored and cycled off.

And in other news, last night I burned my first ever CD! It was put together with the intention of being my summer driving CD, but so far it has been played in every room in the house that I have also happened to be in, but yet to be played in my car as, when I went to drive off accompanied by my new summer driving CD, my car wouldn't start. So that idea's out of the window then.

Here are the fabulous tunes on my new CD (remember - I have original taste in music - bare this in mind, please).

  1. Rocky theme tune.
  2. Big Love Fleetwood Mac
  3. Apache The Shadows
  4. Nothing Else Matters Metallica
  5. Since You've Been Gone Rainbow
  6. I Disappear Metallica
  7. Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac
  8. Woodstock Matthews' Southern Comfort
  9. Hold the Line Toto
  10. Turn to Stone Joe Walsh
  11. The Logical Song Supertramp
  12. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly The Shadows
  13. New Year's Day U2
  14. My Immortal Evanescence
  15. Big Log Robert Plant
  16. When Doves Cry Prince
  17. When My Guitar Gently Weeps The Jeff Healey Band
  18. Something To Believe In Bon Jovi
  19. Smoke on the Water Deep Purple
  20. Layla Eric Clapton

Isn't it fabulous?!

8 Comments:

  • At 9:52 am, Blogger Curly said…

    That's quite an erratic album! Best sonfg on there is Rainbow - that would be on repeat constantly if I had that CD in my car.

    And the Rocky them tune?!

    That's too bad about the mammoth (sized, not hairy I hope) blister. Just keep the hat on all day - no-one need know about Hat-Hair-itus then. Problem Solved.

     
  • At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, hope your head feels better soon. Can't say I like any of the songs on your album... hee, hee! ;)

     
  • At 5:22 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    I did say it was original! They are all songs that make me happy or move me. And they all have crazy guitars! I love guitar music!

     
  • At 6:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your choice of music, it sounds like the cd's I have been burning.

     
  • At 7:41 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Yes, you do have a unique taste in music. But you have been through a burglary recently so I shall take it into account!

     
  • At 9:09 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    More supertramp!

     
  • At 8:43 pm, Blogger Chris Cope said…

    Yes but haven't you broken a cardinal rule of compilation CDs by having two songs from the same artist?

     
  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Well, judging by my obviously quite shit taste in music, I clearly don't stick to any music-type rules anyway, so its all ok.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home