Thursday, November 10, 2005

I went to see The Brothers Grimm last night.



We wanted to see Nanny McPhee really, but it didn't start for over half an hour after we arrived and we were too impatient to wait.

The film was very tongue in cheek and really didn't take itself seriously - which is good, because there was absolutely nothing about it that you actually could take seriously. Trust me when I say that that picture gives a very good overrall impression of the film. It was terrible, but in a good way, I suppose, because it did make me laugh and jump quite a bit, which I'm guessing was its main aim.

Apart from showing how much of a scaredy cat I am, jumping out of my seat at least once every five minutes to a film certified as 12A, The Brothers Grimm also served to remind me how sexy Heath Ledger is, although, admittedly it isn't all too apparent from that picture. Just trust me.

One of the trailers before the film got me all excited as well, for Brokeback Mountain,with, yet again, Mr Ledger.


Obviously I've been hearing all the hype about it for ages, especially from Trent at Pink Is The New Blog, who has an obsession with Jakey Gyllenhaal verging on, well, my obsession with him, and has been lucky enough to see a preview of it.

What's that I hear you all say? You want a reminder of why Jake is so dear to my heart? Oh OK then -


(Thanks to ms. mac!)

Anyway, yes, from the trailer it looks like such a good story. I can't wait for it to come out, as it were. Now I just need to persuade someone to go and see it with me.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Huw said…

    I hate getting caught at work reading pink blogs adorned with pictures of half naked men...

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yes, BBM is gonna be a good one. I've had that one marked in my diary for a long time. Don't forget about Jarhead for another new Jake movie.

     
  • At 11:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sod The Brothers Grimm; how's the cleaning rota going?!

    Mmm pass Jake Gyllenhaal to me; I could put him on a butty and eat him!

     
  • At 3:00 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    ditto Huw.

    Is it Jakes mouth that you like so much?

     
  • At 4:05 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    You know I would so go and see it with you!

    ps. I have more of those!

     
  • At 10:03 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Curly - yes that's exactly what I like about him! How could you tell?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home