Sunday, November 06, 2005

Oh God. Huw's comment (from last post) about my 'bi-monthly' posts have scared me somewhat. Scared me into the realisation that I am now a rubbish blogger. Gone are the days of regular posts. When I first started blogging, way back in June 2004, I used to post 3 times a day. That initial enthusiasm soon ebbed away and levelled out to a pretty regular average of 3 posts a week. I don't know how often I actually post these days, but I would hazard a guess that it is in fact probably only twice a month.

I read all my favourite blogs every day (all the ones in the list on the right) and some of them I check several times a day. I definitely haven't lost the love for blogging, so maybe I just need some more inspiration. It doesn't help that I don't have the internet in my room anymore. There's only net access on one computer in my house at the moment which everyone uses and is always busy, and I really can't be arsed going into uni when I don't have to in order to use the computer when I only have one and a half days of teaching a week.

I suppose, though, through all this moaning, I am actually posting. There. I did it without even realising. Although, this has probably been helped by the fact that I am at home in Wales for the weekend and in this house there is internet access in every room.

Most significant and blog-worthy event at the moment (that I can think of right at this moment in time although there are probably, in fact almost certainly, countless other far more significant things, but I just can't think of them right now): yesterday I cut my fringe myself. The first time ever I have done that and it ended up looking good. Very significant, as far as I am concerned.

Huw, next time there will be more Home and Away updates. Don't worry - I won't let you down.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:46 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    Huw my dear, you can always come and read my blog. Unlike some people I post nearly every day and I am every bit as H&A obsessed as our Laura here. Of course, in six months I'll be 30, and then will obviously stop blogging altogether, as will be as good as dead and therefore have little to say ("still dead; worms now eating eyeballs.")

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Huw said…

    Lummy, I'm sorry! But look: 2 posts in a week! Good going!

    Marie - bizarrely, I've just clicked on the favourites section of this computer (which I very very rarely use) and see you are already there, added on June 1st. I must have seen something I liked and forgotten to return!

     
  • At 9:24 am, Blogger K said…

    Great! Now I feel like i should be posting more often as well. Although have to be honest and say i did feel that way before. oh well. Off I go

     
  • At 9:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I was the only one left on the 'net who blogged every day! Keep up the good work, Laura, we need more posts from you :)

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    I've not watched Home and Away for about 8 years, but I'm looking forward to the (regular?) updates!

    Well done for getting back on the blogging though!

     
  • At 2:08 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Oh no! While there is absolutely no danger of me ever enjoying H&A again, I think I may be getting readdicted to Neighbours.

    OMG! If Karl and Susan get back together I shall cry with joy!

    Please blog more.

     
  • At 11:44 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    I know - Neighbours in spookily better than Home and Away shock. Next week: left and right swap sides.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home