Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ok, its official, I'm crap at updating regularly. I don't really know why this is the case as, as has been discussed elsewhere, its not as if I have a life or anything. Due to shortage of funding, lots of work and general lack of enthusiasm, I have been out for a night out, apart from my birthday, obviously, just the once so far this semester. And with funds look more and more, shall we say, difficult, its looking like it'll be the only night out, AND I'M NOT EVEN REALLY BOTHERED. Bloody hell, I've hit 21 and may as well be signing up for my pension and bus pass. Before I know it I'll be 30, and then I may as well be dead!

I think that the most pressing issue that has taken place since I last updated was the revelation that Zoe was, as I accurately predicted, indeed the Summer Bay Stalker. Really, I could see it coming a mile off. That whole faked kidnapping and murder thing she had going on didn't fool me for a second. Really, that Peter - perhaps the worst *detective* ever. As for my outstanding detecting skills, all I can say is that all that watching of The Bill has really paid off.

The (other) most significant development recently has been my car dying on me while I was at home this weekend, which resulted in me having to use, the shame of it, public transport. I had to get a train back to Leeds yesterday. Oh the horror. Thankfully, though, when I go home again this weekend (by train AGAIN) it will be all fixed and well again. Really though, I'm not that much of a transport-snob, but it does take a bit of getting used to when I've always been able to drive door-to-door before.

Also, last night, in the spirit of Halloween and all, me and the girls went on a jaunt up to York, went on a spooky ghost walk, and had a drink in The Golden Fleece pub, the most haunted pub in Britain and as featured on Most Haunted. In fact, they were even playing the said Most Haunted episode in there on a big screen all night, which we watched some of.

Right now I am going back to working on my *yawn* dissertation proposal *yawn* for a few more hours here in the dusty old library that I am typing to you from. I shall be back soon! I promise this time!

One more thing -

Ys - I am afraid it can not possibly have been me, for the following reasons -
  • I was not in Newcastle Emlyn on the weekend. Or ever, in fact, now I come to think of it.
  • My car actually has purple cushions on the back seat, not pink.

I love how you went to have another look to make sure though!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:42 am, Blogger K said…

    Congratulations on the fabulous dectective work there. I don't actually watch h&a - shock horror. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm letting the student side down.

    But thought i'd comment on the fact that you're not the only one having a lag on the posting front. I think I've fallen out of the habit, which is strange because i didn't even have any withdrawal symptoms, and we all know how addictive blogging is. You'd think there'd be ... I dunno - something.

     
  • At 11:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, not you? I thought I'd done some inadvertant stalking then. I saw another pink-interior car today actually. I think everyone's doing it.

     
  • At 12:08 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Obviously they've all just read the blog and are copying. Some people have no originality.

     
  • At 4:30 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Oh Hello, I thought maybe Mrs Richard had come and got you as well!

    And yes you are quite right, once you hit 30 you may as well be dead. Believe me, it's shit side of 30!

     
  • At 4:48 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    There is absolutely no shame in public transport! Some of the most interesting people in the world use it, and it's always good for a giggle!

    You know what you will be shamed for though... have a proper night out....

    Mind you, the trip up to York sounded like a blast!

     
  • At 2:23 am, Blogger Huw said…

    You are my one link to Home and Away: it is these bi-monthly posts that keep me clued up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home