Sunday, November 27, 2005

When I was 10 I was Take That's biggest fan. Me and my best friend had every album, video and poster. I went to see them in concert in Manchester, quite possibly the best day of my life (up until the age of 10, at least) and I cried buckets when Robbie left. The worst day of my life. Until they all split up. The next worst day of my life. Up until the age of 11.

Now, ten years later, they are getting back together again.




And I feel nothing.

Women of my age all over the country, as well as a fair few men, are rejoicing in the news that they have reunited and are going on tour.

And I have no desire to go and see them.

Maybe its because Robbie won't be with them, and Robbie was always my favourite, but then again I've had nothing but a passing interest in his solo stuff. Whatever it is, I feel like I am betraying them.

Or maybe, just maybe, I am finally (starting to be) a grown up!

Surely not.

In other news, I am 342 words, including title and footnotes, into my essay (see last post), which I have, believe it or not, been working on all day. Only 1658 words to go before I reach the word limit. Those pesky Italian merchants are proving difficult.

Maybe the repeat of Lost will give me some inspiration ...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:59 am, Blogger Curly said…

    Ten years though - it's a long time isn't it?!

    And hasn't Mark Owen grown up!! He looks about 15 now!

     
  • At 8:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww that's just sad. Maybe it's cos I always adored Gary... I'm definitely gonna be at the gigs :)

     
  • At 3:35 pm, Blogger Kev said…

    They are getting back together? Woooow. Maybe I should buy my sister tickets. I remember she was distraght when they broke up.

    Hello by the way. I found your blog whilst rummaging arund on Rhys's. I also have an essay to dp, and also am doing a million and one things to put off finishing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home