Friday, December 23, 2005

I have just been to pick up my much-needed, much-anticipated wages. Two nights worth of hard work. And I have been underpaid by nearly £10. £10 isn't really all that much, I suppose, but when you're not getting paid all that much in the first place, and have not a bean to your name anyway, and it is Christmas weekend, that £10 counts for everything. There is absolutely no explanation for it - there was no wage slip in my pay packet. Head bar-man: 'no one gets a wage slip this week because of Christmas'. Huh!!?? And my boss wasn't even there anyway, so I have to drive back all the way to Llandudno again tomorrow to sort it out when he IS in, probably consuming the missing £10 in petrol in the process.

Grrr.

UPDATE (the next day): It would appear that I have been taxed by mistake - as a student I'm not supposed to be. I'll get my money back soon. Ah well. Panic over.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww that sucks. Hope it doesn't ruin the holidays for ya.

    Have fun! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home