Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Well, I finally finished my essay. In fact, I even handed it in a day early, and I have never actually done that before. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. I've also had my dissertation meeting with my tutor and we have decided that my ideas for my dissertation are really rather good. The title is -
  • An Investigation into the Justices of North Wales During the Reign of Edward II.

Isn't it exciting?! It's well underway, but with that and exam revision, my Christmas holiday is going to be anything but a holiday. I shall also be heading back to the pub to earn some pennies over Christmas, which I am quite looking forward to. After such an extended break from there, and not having to work there 5 nights a week either, my boss shouldn't drive me too crazy. Having said that, I will be working New Year's Eve. I'm just thinking of the money.

I've actually ventured into the city to attempt some Christmas shopping on my somewhat limtied funds today, and my attempts have led me to the conclusion that men are bloody impossible to buy for. Girls are easy! If you're unsure exactly what they're in to, are can't afford to buy someting truly spectacular, then something smelly, fluffy, or sparkly is never far away, no matter what shop you venture in to. But men? Blah. No idea. Tim has made it especially difficult, with his usual, 'I want a suprise.' I'm sure he'll be very suprised on Christmas morning if I don't actually get him anything at all. That would be a suprise.

In our house we have already had Christmas. Twice in fact. Once on Saturday, and again last night as one of our number was working all Saturday but didn't want to miss out, and we were all too greedy to wait.

Here I am sporting my 'luxury' cracker prize - one of those joke nail things that looks like its going through my finger. It kept me entertained for literally minutes.

With all of us at home for up to 4 weeks over the Christmas period, in all corners of the UK, its nice to get a bit festive together. I was very lazy and didn't contribute financially or culinary-wise to either Christmases, and as I was the only one who didn't do one or the other, it was my job to do the washing up last night. Particularly festive of me, I thought.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:49 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    I love the fake nail! Almost as much as I love the fake fingertip! Oooooh! I can't wait for crackers!

     
  • At 12:35 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    What? You mean because I've actually blogged more than once in the past 2 months?! Tsk tsk Jonathan.

     
  • At 9:13 am, Blogger Huw said…

    I think you may just have set the record for the earliest "Christmas Day" post ever.

    Congratulations / Shame on you

    (delete as appropriate)

     
  • At 1:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two Christmas's already? I'm not even prepared for the actual one yet! Eeeeek.

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    I hope you at least hummed some Christmas-y tunes while you were scrubbing the dishes?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home