Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Well. Haven't I been busy today?

Actually, the answer to that question would be a resounding 'no'. Here's why.

9am this morning, there's a ring at the doorbell. Its the double glazing men! No, not salesmen. Those we could have ignored. Men to actually install double glazing. At 9 o'clock in the morning.

*Tired, drawn-out groan*

This wasn't suddenly sprung on us - we were given prior warning by the landlord. But I, in my naievety, thought it would be over in an hour or so. And seeing as how I don't usually wake up until 10 and get dressed until 11-11.30, I thought hanging around in the one room that wasn't being worked in with naturally drying hair and no make up as I couldn't physically access my room, would all be ok - no actual waste of time, when a mountain of research reading and refugee-related meetings and emails (I'll tell you about that another time) were waiting to be done, as I wouldn't otherwise be doing them anyway.

Alas, 1.30 came around, and I was still sat, nay, curled up in a ball wrapped up in a blanket as there were no windows (except for one) in the house and its bloody freezing, in the same room, with now naturally dried hair, doing a very good impression of a gorse bush or some other such wild shrubbery, no food as we couldn't get into the kitchen, and dying for the toilet as there was no window in the bathroom and I didn't fancy have a wee in front of any neighbour who cared to watch.

It was at this point that I actually ventured outside, driving to uni, throwing my bank balance to the wind and risking a parking ticket in the one, big, no-parking zone that is Leeds University ( didn't get one, thank God), just to go to the toilet, get some food, and attend and send out the aforementioned meeting and emails.

By the time I got back it was gone 2pm and the men were still here.

3.30pm the Fleetwood Mac DVD went on.

4pm they left, and I faced facts that no work was going to get done this side of Neighbours ( the crash! So good!)

I ate pizza for tea (forgot to get anything else out of the freezer to defrost), watched Corrie, and that brings us up to right, about, now.

Although I did sweep the kitchen floor as my chore for the day on the rota. And I'm going to do a bit of work now, before Desperate Housewives. As soon as I finish this. Honest. My reasoning is, I worked like a dog all last week and right up until yesterday, so one lazy, messy-haired, not my fault anyway, 'day off' is allowed, just this once.

But enough about me. Some responses to some of your comments:

Curly: It wasn't actually in The Cockpit, it was in the union but its a night run by The Cockpit. The Cockpit is actually really good as well. Indie nights are definitely worth it.
Huw: I have not abandoned H&A, its just not overly interesting at the moment. Its all about Neighbours at the moment! I know who dies! And who they make you think dies. I was reading it on Neighbours.com in November. Yes, I am that sad.

Desperate Housewives tonight!!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:49 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Well done 'anonymous' - you have grasped the point of this post entirely.

     
  • At 8:11 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    Thanks - I hadn't noticed that you'd gone to the effort of answering my question personally!!

    I definately need to go the cockpit soon anyway, although I think that there will have to be someone special playing to persuade me to go.

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger Ellie said…

    My mother visited me in late October here in Oz and rang me for weeks afterwards to find out who died as she left before the episode aired :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home