Monday, February 13, 2006


I love my new phone! Its my new favourite toy and I can't stop playing with it. Its got a fabulous mp3 player, which plays music on a loud speaker as well as headphones, so Led Zeppelin and Stevie Nicks are with me wherever I go. The camera is 2 megapixels so I can take great photos and amusing videos. But the best bit is this bluetooth thing. Dad sent me a bluetooth USB thing so I now have bluetooth on my computer so I can send music and pictures and things to and from my phone and computer, which means I can put those great quality pictures on the blog! Look! Its me, slightly drunk, at a houseparty on Saturday night (Laura in 'I Actually Left The House To Go Somewhere That Isn't The Library' shock)!

In other news, thanks to The Daily Mail's current DVD offer, I am rediscovering my love of Catherine Cookson. Yes, I know, I'm sure it's a huge shock that I, a history geek and hopeless romantic, love all that northern love across the social divides stuff. I've already watched Saturday's The Cinder Path, which I drove around 2 petrol stations and 3 newsagents to find, and last night I dug out my own copy of The Girl. I only intended to watch a bit of it last night, but ended up watching the whole 2 and a half hours of it, until 1.30am. Who knew Geordie accents spoken by rough, floppy-haired horse-traders were so sexy?

10 Comments:

  • At 6:47 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Ooooh! I fancy him rotten! He was Oswald Mosley, wasn't he?

     
  • At 6:49 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    After the extensive research I had to do in order to find just the right pictures *ahem* I can confirm that yes, he was! Although I haven't seen it myself. I think it might have been an American thing.

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Nope, was British. Come on History Girl! You should know your fascist politicians! ;-)

    It's quite good. I used to love reading Catherine Cookson. But then when she died and was still publishing a gajillion books a year I got a bit fed up!

     
  • At 8:17 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    I know who he was! I read my housemate's book on Diana Mosely over Christmas. I've just never seen the programme. Although I think I might have to do something about that now :)

     
  • At 4:06 am, Blogger K said…

    Happy Valentines Day! Hope you have fun lady.

     
  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    Jipes, I've not kept up with your increased posting rate very well!

    Congrats on getting out of the library too!

     
  • At 8:52 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm a newcomer but, having a knowledge of Hyde Park I'm guessing that's "The Library" Library rather than the Edward Boyle... ;)
    Very lovely floppy haired man; thanks for the picture - considerate of you to be so sharing! I might have to get back into CC too; all that heart-warming/gut-wrenching drama! Great stuff xx

     
  • At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the "rough floppy-haired horse traders too!They`re all floppy-haired and hunky and stubbly and tanned and i think i`d better go now! p.s. please bring those dvds home when you next visit eh? xxxx

     
  • At 6:44 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Hi 'Welsh Girl In Derby' Amy. Look! I read your blog too! No, I am ashamed to say that by 'library' I don't mean Edward Boyle OR The Library pub, but the Brotherton Library. Its that time of year - dissertation time!

     
  • At 4:52 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    Ooh, devastated but I know the feeling. It always reminded me of the film "Seven" in there...creepy...
    Good luck with the diss though - I'm handing in a piece of work tomorrow that I actually finished this morning but can't handle handing in a day early!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home