Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Over a week since my last post. Terrible. But I have been a busy girl. The new semester has started in earnest now, and the dissertation work is getting serious, so I have mostly been in the library. I did, however, find a little bit of time to go home on the weekend to see Tim before I disappear under library books completely. There is a serious possibility that that might actually happen - last semester I didn't have the time (or money) to go home for over 6 weeks.

While I was at home in Wales it was freezing, as always, but on Sunday it was lovely and, deceptively, sunny, so we decided to venture out to a beach on Anglesey for the afternoon. I don't know which beach exactly, but it looked right over the Menai Straits to Caernarfon (that's the castle in the picture). It was very cold, very pebbly, and the sun was very bright, and we were in a very silly mood. I think the unnatural Welsh winter sunshine adversely affected our behaviour.


But before we knew it, the sun set and the day was over ...

... and we had to go home (to the other side of these mountains).

I was going to come back to Leeds on Monday night but kept putting it off and then got too sleepy to drive (my plan worked), so then woke up at the ungodly hour of 7am on Tuesday to drive back for my 11am lecture, and was on the motorway for 8.15am. After I got over the intitial shock that Chris Moyles is still doing the Radio 1 breakfast show (that's how often I'm awake and in a car at that time) memories of listening to him on the way to school all came flooding back and I enjoyed it so much I am still quoting gems from Tuesday's show now. Preston from Big Brother saying that he didn't want to go out with Chantelle, he just 'fancied her like a sister' is still a particular favourite of mine.




2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 pm, Blogger Sam said…

    It's bloody freezing in Bangor still.

    You can't even see the mountains at the moment - that's what really miffs me out.

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    God Damn, Wales is looking good... as always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home