Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ah, last week of semester 2. Four weeks of Easter holidays are stretching ahead. Four weeks of fun days out, fun nights out, leisurely telly-watching until my eyes develop right-angles, lots of lie-ins, no uni work or money worries, oh, and spending ridiculous amounts of money on unnecessary but luxurious hair products.

*And then she wakes up*

The reality of Easter will be as follows-

Four weeks of getting up at NINE O'CLOCK to make sure I use the whole day to write my dissertation, scheduling my lunchtime to coincide with Neighbours so as to kill two birds with one stone and not take too much time out of writing my dissertation, days out consisting of walking the dog round the corner so I can get some fresh air and a view differing from that of the four walls in my bedroom and not spend the money I don't have, nights in so I don't get up late the next day and don't spend the money I don't have, and not buying hair products of any kind, luxurious or otherwise.

Did I mention I have no money and a dissertation due in the first day back after the Easter holiday?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:04 am, Blogger Huw said…

    I always found I'd engage in displacement activity: cleaning, snacking, napping, other forms of self-pleasuring... Ahem!

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    My self-pleasure comes from Cleaning, Snacking and Napping.

    But, it's your own fault Laura for going to Uni in the first place. Think about it, if you'd stayed at home you'd have a young family, be on 40 a day and have a husband that stole cars for a living.

     
  • At 8:23 am, Blogger Amy said…

    Your hair always seems very glossy and lovely; I would say that the hair products (of any kind) are a justified part of your outgoings, therefore...

    PS Curly is right; please can I use the same reasoning for why I'm a broke student nurse?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home