Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm off home this weekend, and when I'm home I rarely think to sit down and post, so I'll do this meme thing now. I quite like memes. I know they can get a bit boring, for reader and writer, if they get done all the time because a lot of the stuff that's in them can be quite samey, but I haven't done one for ages, and I was specifically tagged for this one, which is always nice as in my own little self-obsessed way makes me feel quite special.

Blimey though, 3 posts in 3 days? Thats practically unheard of for me these days!

Right. Down to the meme ...

... oh wait. Before I forget, I got an essay back yesterday and I got a first! For the same type of assessment last semester I only got a 55 and it dragged my whole average for that module down, so that 70 I am now the proud owner of is a good start to this semester's module and I'm well chuffed.

Right. Yes. Meme.

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Have babies. Cute ones.
2. Find a career I enjoy.
3. Learn to play the guitar.
4. Live in Italy for a time.
5. Travel everywhere I want to go (the list is endless).
6. Conquer my fear of fish (wild - goldfish are tame so not scary) so I can swim in the sea without having a panic attack.
7. Buy designer jeans.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Miss a meal - I need to be fed every 3 hours.
2. Get by very well on less than 9 hours of sleep.
3. Not set the video to record my favourite programmes if I know I'm going to miss them.
4. Maths of any kind.
5. Sing.
6. Wear stilletto heels - they hurt.
7. Fit into my beautiful black boots I got for my 18th birthday. I was thinner then.

Seven things that attract me to blogging:
1. Contacting people from all over the world.
2. The fact that I must interest some people (check out my hit counter- and I'd say only about half of those are me).
3. Reading about other people's lives - I'm a naturally nosey person.
4. The possibility of one day getting recognised in person from my profile photo.
5. Hmm. Can't think of anymore ...

Seven things I say most often:
1. Only a little bit of milk please. I like my tea to be proper tea.
2. Sorry Dad, that's too weak, I can't drink that (see above).
3. Timotheee!!
4. Can you put Corrie/Eastenders on please?
5. I can't afford it.
6. Mmm. He's attractive.
7. I'm going to the library.

Seven books I love:
1. Anything by Sharon K. Penman, but especially Here Be Dragons, Falls the Shadow, and The Reckoning.
2. Anything by Barbara Erskine.
3. Anything by Catherine Cookson.
4. Little Women.
5. Death of a Salesman.
6. The Secret Garden.
7. The Loop, by the bloke who wrote The Horse Whispere, but I can't remember his name.

Seven movies/DVDs I watch over and over again:
1. Pride and Prejudice (BBC version).
2. Legends of the Fall.
3. Last of the Mohicans.
4. Grease 2.
5. Stage Beauty.
6. Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow version).
7. Bridget Jones' Diary.

Seven celebs I would be friends with:
1. Liv Tyler.
2. Kate Hudson.
3. Jake Gyllenhaal (we'd be good friends).
4. Bono.
5. Fern Britton.
6. Jeremy Kyle (if he promised never to shout at me).
7. Reese Witherspoon.

Seven people I want to join in:
Oh God. Anyone who wants to.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:26 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    Jeremy Kyle! Well done for thinking of him! I would be friends with him too! We would shout at everyone together!

     
  • At 9:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think I've ever seen any of those movies... except maybe Grease 2. What a refreshingly random list of favourite movies :)





    .... didn't say they were good mind you ;)

     
  • At 10:31 am, Blogger Curly said…

    Have you done any of those 7 things to do before you die yet?

    (Although, hopefully not Number 1 - in that space of time)

     
  • At 9:35 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Curly - no, I haven't actually done any of those things, although i did spenda few weeks in Italy, if that counts.

    Jonathan - I am also too young to remember that, but I suspect the answer is yes.

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Blogger Joaquin Tirado said…

    This was a fun list to read. Two things, maybe three, stood out. Your desire for children, your passion for traveling, and your stated interest in Death of a Salesman. The only reason I singled those out from all your other rich and worthy interests is that I identified with these most of all. Grand.

    Peace,
    Joaquin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home