Thursday, August 18, 2005

Everything's booked now - train tickets, ferry tickets, interrail tickets, hostel in Calaisfor when we first arrive in France. I've bought everything I could possibly need - clothes, toiletries, First Aid stuff, walking boots - I've even thought to buy a backpack. Yes, that was the fatal flaw in my grand back-packing plan - no backpack. I've earned all the money I aimed to earn to take away with me so I can enjoy myself and do lots of things without worrying about money. I've even had my hair cut in preparation, although the less said about that the better (how SHORT is my fringe?! Aaah!!!).

Yep, just 5 days to go. And I can't wait.

Oh, and another thing - remember this post? While I am not quite down to what I was when I was 17 (and nor do I think I ever really will be again, but I am now resigned to that fact) I have, over the past 2 months, lost a whole stone in weight! And while I have no intention of disclosing my start or finish weights (some ladies never tell their age, I never tell my weight) I can confirm that I now look and feel loads better, and thanks to pulling zillions of pints of bitter, carrying billions of heavy glass trays, and walking up and down the stairs in the castle trillions of times, I now have muscles in places I didn't even know I had. Fabulous!

And finally* -


(borrowed from Bill)

- just because!

*note I am looking at Jake and his chest, not the woman lying at his feet, although if I had my way, that woman would be me.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:26 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Mmmmmmmm..... Jake!

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    OK, I went back and read the rest of the post once I got over the JG thing.

    Well done on the weight! And have a fab time in France!

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    and italy and croatia! don't forget italy and croatia!

    'the jg thing' - LOL!

    nothing better on this earth than a well-formed hairy chest, is what i say.

     
  • At 11:16 am, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Amen Sista!

    Also, have fun in Italy and Croatia too!

     
  • At 11:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmm yeah, been enjoying those Jake pictures for a while now ;D How can one man look SO good?

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    My hairy chest is formed in the shape of a young kitten - does that count...?

    I hope you enjoy your holdiay matey - Croatia should be awesome.

    Makesure you take loads of pics.

     
  • At 7:56 am, Blogger Astrid said…

    If you would have told me you were the woman in bikini, I would have believed you! Have fun in France! Au revoir!!! Oh, and don't forget to bring chocolate-croissants to distribute on your blog.

     
  • At 9:18 am, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Oy! Are you back yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home