Saturday, January 21, 2006

Last night I went to see that film I've been going on about for a while, the one with the gay cowboy love.


No! Not that one! (Source)


Yes! That one!

Brokeback Mountain was everything I hoped and expected it would be, and more. Even the fact that, because the cinema was so full, the only seats left were in the front row which resulted in severe neck-ache and mild disorientation didn't take anything away from it. Really. What can I say? The story was handled very sensitively - you could feel the love and pain of everyone involved. Of course, despite several shots of Jakey's well-formed chest, it's Heath Ledger that's been getting all the best reviews from this film. I do agree that Heath gave a very moving, understated and highly believable performance. However, I will say that although Jake's character wasn't as perhaps as serious as Heath's, his performance wasn't any less for it. I left the cinema in what can only be described as an emotional state, and I'm still thinking about it now, 24 hours later. I really hope it wins all the awards it deserves.

I love the gays! (And Jake Gyllenhaal.)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you just defend jake too much!! hehe!! OMG, he's so darn hot though. x

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, it left me feeling emotional for a long while afterwards - as well as the two other people I saw it with. Might brave it and see it again on Thursday...

     
  • At 8:15 pm, Blogger Curly said…

    I've still not seen it yet - being not such a big movie (JG) fan myself, I might just wait until it gets shown on TV in a few years.

    "I love the Gays" - made me chuckle! I had assigned you a voice for when I read your blog, and I couldn't imagine you saying it like that so I've had to adjust your voice a little - I hope you don't mind!!

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    LOL! I don't mind at all!

    I really did laugh out loud then!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home