Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You may or may not have noticed that yesterday was Valentine's Day. To be honest, it was sort of passing me by. The day was rather annoyingly scheduled midweek, and as I am in Leeds and Tim is in Wales, we were planning on having a belated Valentine's on the weekend when he was coming up to stay with me again.

So, 4.30pm. I had finished my lectures in uni and was in ASDA, getting my shopping done. Tim called me to say happy Valentine's Day, but I said I was in ASDA, and I'd call him back in half an hour.

So I go on my merry way, working my way around the aisles. I reach the last aisle, the fabric softener aisle, when someone taps me on the shoulder. I look around and see my housemate right in front of me. It's not her. I pause for a second before turning around, trying to think who I know who could have got to ASDA without me driving them there (just call me the Laura-Taxi). I can't think of anyone. I turn around. Its only bloody Tim! He'd driven all the way up to Leeds to stay with me just for the night. And suprised me in the fabric softener aisle. How romantic!

When we got back to my house, he suprised me further with a single, long stemmed red rose (below), a cute card and a mix-CD he'd made himself. But hang on. Wait a minute. All the songs are by Bon Jovi, with a few by Nickleback thrown in. He tells me to open the CD case. There's a note inside. "2 tickets to see Bon Jovi, with Nickleback, 10th June, in Wembley - the first performance in the new stadium." Oh. My. God. You may or may not be aware that I bloody LOVE Bon Jovi. When I saw Red hot Chili Peppers in Cardiff 2 years ago, I said to Tim "Now I just need to see Bon Jovi live, then I can die happy." YAY!!!!!

But that wasn't all. We were also going out for a meal and the cinema, to see Casanova, number 3 on my 'I can't wait to see ...' list.

I can confirm, that the whole evening was lovely. I can also confirm that I have the best boyfriend ever. Ever.

What did I get him, I hear you ask? Well. I made him a card. It was magnificent, it really was. It may have only taken me 15 minutes to whip together, but it had taken me ages to think of, and it wasn't as if I was expecting him to turn up. It would have been ready for me to present to him straight away if he had arrived as expected on Saturday. I am belittling my handiwork here, but it really was a wonderful work of art, with a picture and words that really meant something to him. I am thoughtful and romantic, just not on such grand a scale.

Anyway. Best boyfriend ever.
Yes, that is Keith Miller on the telly. I was watching Eastenders that I had taped from last night. Valentine's or not, I'm not missing Eastenders.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:43 pm, Blogger Huw said…

    Better the fabric softener aisle than the fresh fish counter. I hear they can be slippery when wet.

    I'm sorry: it's all I could manage.

     
  • At 10:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, makes you feel all warm inside... Nah, who am I kidding? Valentines Day just isn't even a blip on my radar. How sad is that? ;)

     
  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Huw said…

    Heard about the Wembley debacle yesterday, and my first thought was for you. Sure, it's good news for CXardiff, but what of you and Jon Bon Jovi?

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Its not until June so it might be ready. If not it'll probably get moved to Cardiff as well. I'm not too worried though. I've always known I was destined to one day come face to face with Jon Bon (plus a few thousand other people). I know it will happen. I'm just living on a prayer and keeping the faith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home