Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A week since my last post! Terrible. I have been very busy though. This is what I have been doing.

Friday afternoon I was at a demonstration at the Leeds Home Office building against Section 9 of the Home Office's asylum policy, and detention of destitute asylum seekers - when it started snowing. I have been waiting for snow for ages, jealous of the inches of snow they were having at home, while we just had rain here.




The snow at home last week.

And then, when I am standing outside for hours on end, it bloody snows. What timing. But later in the afternoon, Tim arrived for the weekend, so, suitably attired this time and within bolting distance of home in case of extreme coldness, I enjoyed the snow.





Saturday night, we went to Rock of Ages again. It is officially my new favourite night. Two of my requests got played (Rainbow's 'Since You've Been Gone' and Bon Jovi's 'Shot Through The Heart', in case you were wondering). There was a fight, I'm not sure what about, and it was quite amusing to watch as I couldn't tell male from female apart in the struggle - there was just a lot of long, permed hair flying about.

Sunday night I finally made it to see Walk The Line, number 1 on my 'I can't wait to see ...' list. I can confirm it was every bit as amazing as I just knew it would be, and maybe a little bit more. When we got home, Tim wanted to see what Johnny and June really looked like so we did a bit of Googling. I didn't want to show him this post as I knew he'd laugh at me. Whilst Googling, we came across this famous photo of Mr Cash-


I said I'd seen the photo recreated by Joaquin Phoenix somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Then followed literally hours of frantic searching to find said photo, but to no avail. Tim thought I was making it up. But then! I found it! That'll teach him to doubt my celebrity knowledge. It never fails.

I have been busy doing lots of other things as well, of varying degrees of importance, mostly involving eating food and watching the telly-

  • ER is fabulous as always
  • Home and Away is very good at the moment, what with Flynn's cancer story and crazy Amanda. I also really like the new Hayley. She's a lot less annoying than the old one and actually quite sweet.
  • Neighbours today - *sobs*. Poor Susan. She just can't keep a man. And you can tell that that Katya is going to be trouble.
  • I absolutely love Eastenders' Bradley. He is so cute. Friday was the best episode in ages. Jake on Friday - 'I've been molested by a teeny-bopper and attacked by the ginger-ninja. I only came out for a pint!' Honey's dad is hilarious as well. And Rosie has finally broken free from that fat, hairy slob, who is actually exactly the same in real life. Really. I saw him on This Morning.
  • The Oscars. I am very glad that Reese Witherspoon won best actress, and also that Rachel Weisz won best supporting actress. I am disappointed that Brokeback Mountain didn't win best film - I have never heard of Crash before. I am not suprised Heath Ledger didn't win best actor, as I though Jakey was just as good as him and he was only nominated for best supporting actor. Philip Seymour Hoffman looks revolting, but I suppose good acting and good looks don't always have to go hand in hand. Although, in my opinion, they should.

Hmm. I think that that is all.

Oh, and Amy has tagged me for a meme - I will do that for my next post.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:02 pm, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    In my opinion good looks and good acting should go hand in hand as well! I finally got to see Brokeback Mountain last night and it didn't disappoint at all. Although, I don't care how cold it's supposed to be in Wymoning, I'm sure JG could have chopped some wood with no shirt on.

    For the record, I have seen Crash and I thought it was rubbish.

    And I'm pleased that that bloke's out of the way and Karl and Susan can finally get back together again.

     
  • At 1:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, I like new Hayley too :)

    I think "Crash" is one of those nice disturbing people-are-evil Real Life type films. I was meant to see it but cos I thought it might disturb me I kinda forgot to go... I'm gonna have to get it watched I think. You gonna brave it too?

     
  • At 11:56 am, Blogger Curly said…

    I've still not seen Walk the Lineas yet, it's one of the only films that has looked interesting of recent. Mainly because I'm a big Cash fan.

    Since You've Been Gone is one of my all time favourite tracks - good choice.

     
  • At 3:14 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    Just to check you're not welshgirllivinginmyoldhouse, I used to live in the house RIGHT OPPOSITE the phonebox/bus stop in that pic! The house with the green door. Wave at it from me next time you walk past! I miss the HP cinema soooooo much!

     
  • At 7:34 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    I live on the road that has the post office at the bottom of it. I'll wave at the green door as I go past on my way into uni tomorrow!

     
  • At 6:52 pm, Blogger Marie said…

    Yes - new hayley is a massive improvement, in fact (having slagged her off when she started - now I have guilt) she is so fabulous I wish that they had written her a new character just for her, instead of giving her someone else's part. And Flynn story is *brill*.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home